Fat Grafting Of The Hip Dip (aka Hip Flip Procedure)

Millions of women will offer anything to have a curvy body with shapely hips. This is a silhouette that appears highly desirable in any type of clothing, from tight dresses and jeans to bikinis and legging. Unfortunately, there are many women that don’t have a natural hourglass figure. This is a figure that is characterized by rounder and fuller hips and buttocks. However, it is not the buttocks or waist that is the problem.

More often, it is a physical feature called ‘hip dips’ that prevents women from getting the hourglass figure they want. Fortunately, you can fix your hip dips with a relatively simple surgery called fat grafting. You can have the rounded hips you want.

The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery (VIPS), led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides fat grafting of the hip dips aka hip flip local anesthesia procedure to patients in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and surrounding locations.

Fat Grafting Hip Dips Procedure

Excess fat will be removed by the plastic surgeon from one area of the body and injected in or around the hip area in fat grafting for hip dips procedure. This will help in creating an overall more pleasing appearance. Hip dips are usually more visible from the front or the back when you look straight on at a person. The goal of this procedure is not to make the buttock protrude more or become fuller. Instead, the goal of this procedure is to have a more rounded and smooth-edged silhouette.

This is why dedicated plastic surgeons inject fat into both the indentations that are visible from the back and the front. This helps in enhancing the appearance from all viewpoints.

Fat Grafting for Hip Dips

Fat grafting can be useful in reducing the appearance of hip dips. It’s one of the more widely received procedures for this cosmetic concern. The procedure can significantly contribute towards an hourglass figure regardless of the body shape.

However, you should keep in mind that whenever fat is being grafted on a new body area, only about 70% of it will survive. The remaining 30% fat will get absorbed by the body. You may need to get additional fat grafting procedures performed.

Fat Grafting Recovery

A mini surgery should be enough to fix your hip dips. This can be performed under local anesthesia. However, you need to remember to take a few days off for proper recovery even though the surgeon will release you to go home the same day of the procedure. Recovery instructions should be followed very carefully because carelessness and negligence can lead to sub-optimal results. Lymphatic massages may be recommended by the surgeon for expediting the healing process.

Compression Garment

You will be asked to wear a compression garment following the surgery for the first 48 hours. You can shower after this time. However, you would need to wear the garment for at least 2 weeks. It’s vital that you follow all instructions of your surgeon.

Cosmetic surgeons at VIPS receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and nearby areas for fat grafting of the hip dips (aka hip flip) local anesthesia procedure.

Contact Virginia Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sundin Today for a Consultation

Back to Blog
Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at (804) 390-5660.
Contact Us