Similar to any surgical procedure, liposuction plastic surgery signifies a personal journey for a patient.
The patient should proceed with liposuction only after they are completely convinced about their decision and have an understanding of the various facets of the surgery.
They should ask any questions that they may have or clarify any doubts or concerns with the liposuction surgeon.
Patients who decide to undergo liposuction after careful consideration and understanding all the benefits and limitations will typically feel more satisfied with the final outcomes. A committed surgeon answers all of the patient’s questions in a comprehensive and thorough manner.
Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides liposuction to patients in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Cosmetic Surgeon
- What is your training and experience in the area of plastic surgery?
- What number of years of experience do you have specifically in the area of body contouring procedures such as liposuction? What is your patient rate of satisfaction in these procedures?
- Would my liposuction procedure take place at a hospital an accredited surgical center?
- Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital?
- In the event of an emergency during or after the surgery, is your practice equipped to handle it?
- What is your practice policy for revision surgery in case I am dissatisfied with the outcomes?
Questions about Liposuction Surgery
- Am I an appropriate candidate for liposuction?
- Which liposuction is suitable for my liposuction procedure?
- Will you use general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation during the procedure?
- How long will the surgery take to complete? Will I be able to return home the same day?
- Do I need to follow any precautions or special guidelines before the surgery?
- Can I see a few liposuction ‘before and after’ images to develop a more realistic understanding of the outcomes?
Questions about Recovery
- How long and painful will my healing process be after liposuction?
- How much downtime is associated with the procedure?
- Is there anything that I can undertake to make the recovery easier and quicker?
- What are the post-op risks and complications?
- When can I resume my normal activities, including my exercise regimen?
Questions about Costs
- What will be the approximate cost of liposuction surgery?
- Does the cost include pre and post-operative expenses?
- In case the liposuction procedure is undertaken at a surgical center instead of a hospital, will it reduce my costs significantly?
- Will there be additional expenses associated with post-op appointments?
- Will I be able to get a rebate or package rate if I choose to undergo liposuction with another procedure?
- Will your office provide me with guidance on the right financing options?
Stemming from this, the patient can also request to see testimonials of previous patients who have undergone surgical procedures at the practice. Plastic surgeons at VIPS receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and nearby areas for liposuction.
Serving Richmond, VA, Fredricksburg, Williamsburg, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington and surrounding communities.