Micro liposuction is an innovative, less invasive way to transform the body contours without the need for general anesthesia or an extended post-operative recovery phase.
The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, receives patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and nearby areas for body contouring treatments.
- Up to 80 percent reduction in excess fat in only a single treatment
- Results comparable to laser and ultrasound liposuction
- Minimally invasive with a short recovery period, usually 48 to 72 hours
- Undertaken comfortably with only mild anti-anxiety drugs and local anesthesia
- Very small, discreet incisions (usually only one-fourth of an inch!)
Micro liposuction is an innovative plastic surgery technique that is well-suited for patients who want slimmer contours by targeting excess fatty tissue in the following areas:
- Abdomen: Reduce the appearance of “muffin tops,” “love handles,” and other bulges
- Legs: Slim down banana rolls, saddlebags, hips, and inner thighs
- Double chin and neck
- Upper arms
- Flanks, lower back fat, and areas with so-called “bra fat”
Micro Liposuction Procedure
- Undertaken with local tumescent anesthetic and anti-anxiety medications. As the procedure does not warrant general anesthesia, the patient will be awake throughout.
- Uses tiny incisions (one-fourth of an inch) to minimize inflammation, discomfort, and bruising
- Necessitates less downtime than traditional large volume liposuction
- Generally safer and more comfortable than traditional large volume liposuction
In this procedure, the treatment area, including the fat and skin, is made numb with a saline solution containing lidocaine, a strong local anesthetic.
This solution, known as tumescence, effectively numbs the region making the fat cells easier to eliminate. Subsequently, the undesirable fat cells are gently suctioned out using narrow tubes (cannula).
As micro liposuction involves very fine cannula (usually only 3 mm in diameter and no more than 5 mm in diameter), the incisions can be extremely small.
This results in a more comfortable procedure with shorter healing time and reduced risks of undesirable side-effects! In fact, a majority of patients only require a long weekend to recover from this procedure.
A combination of advanced body sculpting techniques, including micro liposuction may be suitable for some patients. Therefore, this technique may be used in combination with body contouring techniques, such as:
- Fat Grafting
- Venus Legacy
Micro Liposuction of the Face and Neck
This innovative in-office liposuction procedure can be undertaken to eliminate face and chin fat. It does not involve the use of general anesthesia or sedation, and the patient will be awake and relaxed during the process.
They may experience minor post-op discomfort. However, most patients are able to resume their work within one day, if aesthetic appearance is not a concern.
Micro liposuction involves very small incisions causing minimal inflammation and bruising. Excess fat tissue pockets from targeted facial and neck regions are gently suctioned out using very thin cannulas to restore a well-defined neck and chin appearance.
Plastic surgeons at the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and nearby areas for body contouring treatments.
Serving Richmond, VA, Fredricksburg, Williamsburg, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington and surrounding communities.