Your face is the most visually and aesthetically prominent part of one’s personality. Therefore, any plastic surgery procedure related to the face should be considered carefully, and should ideally be performed by a fully trained and experienced surgeon. At the time of pre-operative consultation for a procedure such as facelift surgery, the patient should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the surgeon.
When the patient is fully aware about the procedure as well as the surgeon’s background and credentials, they can make better decisions. The board certified plastic surgeons at the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery provide facelift and various other procedures for the breast, body, and face to patients in Richmond, Virginia, and other cities across the horizon.
Key Questions to Ask
The patient should preferably prepare a detailed list of all the questions related to facelift as well as the surgeon’s practice, and carry it along to the surgeon’s office at the time of initial consultation. Some of the key questions may include:
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery, and from which board?
- Are you affiliated with any local or national professional associations, such as the ASPS?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery?
- Have you performed facial surgeries in the past, and how far your patients have been satisfied?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital or a surgery center where you may perform facelift surgery?
- Do you have a properly trained team of staff members to assist with the procedure?
- Will I have access to you during each of my appointments with your office with regard to facelift surgery?
- Do you think I will make a fabulous candidate for facelift?
- What surgical technique would you recommend for facelift surgery in my case?
- Can you provide me with facelift before and after photographs of previous patients?
- Can I receive testimonials of some of your older patients who have shared their experiences about facelift?
- Would you introduce me to one of your staff members to familiarize myself more with your office and team?
- Will you use general or local anesthesia to perform my facelift surgery?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any medical emergencies?
- How long will it take to complete the actual surgery?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with facelift?
- What would be the expected cost of facelift surgery, including pre- and post-surgical costs?
The patient should review the surgeon’s practice website in advance before the pre-op consultation. They may also look for the surgeon’s online ratings and reviews on third party sites, if available, in order to have better familiarity and confidence.
They may also interact with past patients on Internet forums to gain more insights about facelift surgery from a patient’s perspective. Experienced plastic surgeons Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin receive patients for facelift surgery and various other procedures from Richmond, Virginia, and nearby areas.
In some cases, it may be a good idea to directly verify the surgeon’s credentials from the state medical board office. Patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas have an opportunity to receive facelift and other procedures from experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Kim.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.