Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) Surgery
People who are unhappy with the appearance of their nose may consider a nose job cosmetic surgery to give greater balance to their facial features. Sometimes, individuals with breathing or other nasal function difficulties may also be interested in rhinoplasty to correct anatomical abnormalities in the nose.
If you are in overall good health and have realistic expectations from a nose job, you may be the right candidate for rhinoplasty. The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides rhinoplasty (nose job) to patients in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and surrounding communities.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
When you first consult a plastic surgeon about a nose surgery, they will assess your overall medical condition and medical history, the quality of your skin and the structure of your nasal and facial structures. The ideal candidate for rhinoplasty is someone who:
- Is unhappy about the shape or size of their nose
- Has functional difficulties such as breathing problems or congenital deformities of the nasal cavity
- Experiences discomfort in the nose due to injury or a faulty previous nose surgery
- Enjoys overall good health
- Has clear cosmetic goals and realistic expectations
- Is willing to follow the surgeon’s guidelines for care before and after the surgery
What Concerns Can Nose Reshaping Address?
Rhinoplasty is beneficial to patients who have one of the following complaints:
- A nose that is too small or too large compared to other facial features
- A wide nasal base
- A nasal bridge with an unsightly hump
- Nostrils that are flared, pinched, or oversized
- A nasal tip that is flat, bulbous, droopy, protruding, or too large
- A crooked or off-center nose
- Asymmetry in the nasal structure due to an injury
- Anatomical abnormality in the nose that makes regular breathing a challenge
Teen Candidates for Rhinoplasty
Many teenagers aspire to have the perfect nose through rhinoplasty. However, not all are considered the right candidates for this procedure. The nose surgery is performed only after the patient’s nose has completely developed. This is why surgeons recommend that girl candidates must have completed 14 or 15 years of age and boy candidates even more before they choose to undergo rhinoplasty.
Surgeons always speak in great detail to teen candidates who approach them for a nose job. They seek to find out if the teen wishes to undergo the procedure by their own choice or under pressure from peers or parents. Surgeons also examine if the teen is facing any self-confidence issues that they want to overcome through the surgery.
Candidate’s Expectations from Rhinoplasty
After confirming that you are medically fit to undergo a rhinoplasty, your surgeon will ask about your goals and expectations from the procedure. If you are seeking a nose job for aesthetic reasons, you may show your surgeon pictures of how you want your nose to look after the surgery.
While it may not be possible to guarantee an exact replica of your dream nose, seeing these pictures can help your surgeon plan better for your rhinoplasty. Plastic surgeons at VIPS receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and nearby areas for nose job.
Contact Virginia Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sundin Today for a Consultation
Serving Richmond, VA, Fredricksburg, Williamsburg, Charlottesville, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Tidewater, Sullfolk, Virginia Beach, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington and surrounding communities.