The attractiveness of a face largely depends on the size and shape of the nose. If you feel your nose is out of proportion with the rest of your facial features, rhinoplasty can help you achieve the look you desire. The pre-operative consultation with a rhinoplasty plastic surgeon is the time to ask the right questions to find out if the procedure is right for you.
Most experienced cosmetic surgeons welcome patients who ask questions and voice their concerns. They encourage an open discussion and provide all relevant information to allow you to make an informed decision. The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides rhinoplasty (nose job) to patients in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and surrounding communities.
What Questions Should You Ask?
When you consult a cosmetic surgeon, you must seek information about different aspects of the nose job surgery. Here are some of the relevant questions to ask:
- Do you have board certification in plastic surgery? If yes, from which board?
- Can you recommend any non-invasive cosmetic procedure to help me achieve my aesthetic goals?
- Do you have specialized training in nose surgery?
- Do you possess prior experience in conducting rhinoplasty? Which area have your previous patients been from? What is your success rate for this procedure?
- Where do you conduct the surgery? Do you enjoy staff privileges at a surgical center or local hospital, or do you have your own surgery office?
- Do you have an adequately qualified, trained, and skilled support team? Do you have systems to deal with medical emergencies during a surgery?
- Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? What rhinoplasty technique do you recommend for me?
- What results do you expect from my nose surgery?
- May I review rhinoplasty before and after photographs of your earlier patients?
- Can you arrange for me to tour your office and talk to one of your team members?
- Would you be available during all my appointments at your office?
- Do I need to undergo any diagnostic testing before the procedure?
- Will you use local anesthesia or general anesthesia for my rhinoplasty procedure?
- How long do you expect the operating room procedure to take?
- What risks or complications are possible during or after the nose surgery?
- What happens during the post-operative recovery stage?
When the cosmetic surgeon shows you rhinoplasty before and after pictures, ask questions to understand the exact change has been brought about the surgery. This will help you keep your own expectations from the rhinoplasty at a realistic level. Before you decide on a particular plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty, review their website, and look online for information and reviews about them.
If possible, ask the surgeon for testimonials from previous patients to help you understand their experience and use all this information to make your final choice for a surgeon. Plastic surgeons at VIPS receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, and nearby areas for a nose job.
Contact Virginia Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sundin Today for a Consultation
Serving Richmond, VA, Fredricksburg, Williamsburg, Charlottesville, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Tidewater, Sullfolk, Virginia Beach, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington and surrounding communities.