Neck lift plastic surgery is designed to reduce excess skin from the neck, tighten the underlying muscles and eliminate unsightly neck bands. The procedure should be preceded by a detailed preparation process in order to achieve safe and desirable outcomes.
When a patient is thoroughly prepared for the surgery, they will go through minimal pre-surgery anxiety and will have a better chance of achieving safe and predictable results. The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeons, provides neck lift to patients in Richmond, Virginia, and surrounding locations and towns and communities in the Mother of States.
The following basic guidelines will help a patient to prepare well for the neck lift plastic surgery:
- Arrange to send the past medical records directly to the surgeon’s office
- Note down all the medications, including prescription drugs, blood thinning medications, NSAIDs, herbal supplements and vitamins, that the patient may be currently taking
- Get any medical tests done as instructed by the surgeon.
- If any prescription drugs need to be adjusted before the surgery, have the surgeon speak to the prescribing physician
- Stop smoking for at least the period specified by the surgeon before and after the neck lift surgery
- If any pressing tasks at home or office are pending, have them completed prior to the surgery in order to have a stress-free post-op recovery
- Arrange for a family member, friend or a caregiver to assist during the initial recovery phase, as needed.
- Have someone responsible to drive the patient back home after the surgery
The patient should have the commitment to follow the surgeon’s instructions for preparation for the sake of their own safety.
The surgeon’s office may provide a set of common instructions to the patient as a part of the preparation for neck lift surgery. These may include:
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen and other blood thinners and NSAIDs for at least a week before surgery
- Avoid taking vitamin E, vitamin C, homeopathic and herbal remedies as well as dietary supplements for two to four weeks before surgery
- On the day of the surgery, do not wear makeup, nail paint, jewelry, body piercings or contact lenses to the surgery center
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes on the day of the surgery. The top should button in the front as the procedure involves upper part of the body.
- Do not consume alcohol for at least 48 hours before the surgery
- If neck lift is to be performed using general anesthesia, avoid eating or drinking for eight hours before the surgery
- If the patient is a diabetic, they should have their parameters checked on the morning of the surgery
Many patients experience mild pre-op stress and anxiety a day before the surgery. The surgeon may prescribe a calming medication to be taken the night before the surgery. Profound and perceptive plastic surgeons at VIPS receive patients from Richmond, Virginia, and nearby areas for neck lift and other cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland, Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.