Patients seeking a plastic surgery procedure are often concerned about how much pain they may have to endure, and whether they are fit enough to sustain general anesthesia.
The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery (VIPS), led by ABPS board certified plastic surgeons, now offers the advanced PRO-NOX nitrous oxide sedation system to perform safe, effective and comfortable aesthetic procedures on patients in Richmond, Virginia, and other cities and neighborhoods in the Mother of Presidents.
What is PRO-NOX?
The PRO-NOX is a pneumatically driven gas system that will deliver a mixture of 50 percent oxygen and 50 percent nitrous oxide to patients in a medical setting in order to provide relief from pain and anxiety. The distinctive feature of PRO-NOX is that is patient controlled inhaled analgesia.
It is designed for in-office use. The effect takes place within seconds, providing immediate relief to the patient. PRO-NOX can be used effectively for both plastic surgery as well as minimally invasive non-surgical aesthetic procedures, including ultrasound and laser-based treatments. The treatment system is user-friendly and mitigates infection risks.
Some of the key benefits PRO-NOX N2O Analgesia System include the following:
- N2O or nitrous oxide is a safe, proven, and effective gas, which has been used for medical purposes for decades.
- PRO-NOX system is administered by the patient. It empowers the patient to respond immediately to their pain and anxiety when they may need it.
- The onset is rapid, and the effect occurs in seconds, ensuring immediate relief.
- The after-effects of analgesia only last for a short period, and the gas clears from the body within minutes.
- The system can be safely used for the duration of any procedure where the patient is likely to experience pain and anxiety.
- Recovery is expedited, and the patient may be allowed to drive to and from their procedure without any risk.
- The system is completely non-invasive and easy to administer.
- Patient satisfaction levels with this analgesia are high. Patients appreciate it because they are in control of when to use the system.
- The system cart is portable, which enables a patient to move between treatment areas, while still receiving the required relief.
- Research has shown that 50 percent N2O and 50 percent O2 is non-addictive for the patient for procedures, while reducing or delaying the need for other pain meds.
- The patient is exposed to minimal risk of infection.
- The system includes a safety shut off when gas pressure gets too low to deliver the mixture.
Patients seeking aesthetic procedures can draw satisfaction from the fact that PRO-NOX is also used for women in labor because it causes no risk to the mother or the baby. According to the American Pregnancy Association, when given in low dosages, nitrous oxide works as a drug for anxiety relief and an analgesic for pain relief. The gas is colorless, odorless, and tasteless.
Remarkable, sagacious, and board certified plastic surgeons at VIPS, Dr. Burton Sundin and Dr. Reps Sundin, receive patients from Richmond, Virginia, and other towns and suburbs in this part of the east coast for plastic surgery procedures.
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland, Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.